Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
What is Softlay?
Softlay is a range of patented glass-fibre and polyurethane underlays designed and manufactured in Germany.
These unique, high quality permanently elastic underlayment systems are made up of 90% naturally occurring sustainable raw materials.
What is Murexin?
From levelling compounds to bonding solutions and sealants: Murexin bonding technology offers a comprehensive interior finishing range High-quality products are available for parquet, carpet, PVC, wallpapers, linoleum, rubber or cork, all of which take account of the trend towards solutions that protect the environment. Whether for renovation or a new building, solid advice and high-quality products make Murexin the ideal partner in this area as well
What are the main types of Softlay?
- Softlay 21 – self-adhesive version, this has a pre-applied base contact adhesive on one side complete with protective film, this system is demountable
- Softlay Fleece – same as Softlay 21 but without the self-adhesive backing, for those fitters who prefer to use their own adhesive or where occupational uses require a higher performance
- Softlay Foil – has a high quality aluminium foil bonded to one side and is designed for contaminated or damp sub-floors, this is a loose laid system
- Softlay 21 Plus – self-adhesive and specially designed for the encapsulation of asbestos floor tiles, this system is demountable
Do you stock Schonox?
Yes we do. It is a rapid setting, self levelling hybrid floor compound with Hybrid Active Dry Technology. Combines the advantages of a lowtension calciumsulphate based leveling compound with the fast drying of cementitious systems. Because of the innovative Hybrid Active Dry Technology it is ready for covering already after 6 hours.
How does Softlay arrive?
- Each version of Softlay comes in rolls of 7m x 1m
- A full pallet of Softlay is 40 rolls (280 m2)
- You can buy Softlay by the roll or the pallet
- Softlay has a thickness of 2.1mm
- Each Softlay roll weighs 14kg (2kg per m2)
- Softlay orders of two pallets or less are available for next day delivery
Is UZIN something you can supply?
With over a 100 year experience, UZIN provides the UK’s flooring professionals with ecological, innovative and high quality products and solutions. From new installations to renovation of all types of floor coverings.
With smoothing compounds, adhesives and damp-proofing systems, the whole range comprises practical products and solutions for today’s flooring contractors.